Monday, September 12, 2011

James's Road

James's journey continues.

Don't know who James is, you say?  Forgive me for not formally introducting you to my Captain.  James Sullivan III is a once mild-mannered book keeper who finds himself trapped in an eternal battle with the evil sprite who kidnapped James's only son and turned him into the first lost boy.

If this sounds strangely familiar it is because James is also known as Captain Hook.


This isn't James.  This is a picture of the Disney version of Captain Hook.  He is pathetic, to be sure, but this is not my Captain.  And Disney's version of Peter Pan is far from the one who starts the series of events which transform James into the most evil pirate captain ever to sail the sea.

I've been quering my novel -- Captain: The Birth of Hook.

I woke this morning happily to an email requesting a partial!!

James is a rather somber fellow.  He spends his days and nights wallowing in despair and plotting his revenge.  As for me, I will celebrate!  I hope something comes of this, but even if not -- at least I've come this far.

Cheers James -- whereever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment